Universal Orlando admitted workers and customers received electric shocks at Volcano Bay water theme park after employees had been hospitalized.
Universal Studios’ Orlando, Florida resort’s Volcano Bay water theme park closed early on Sunday after several customers and workers complained of electric shocks and the Orlando Fire Department transported four patients to area hospitals.
Wendy Lee complained that she felt an electric shock as she was floating in one of the water’s park lazy rivers on Sunday – hours before park officials closed Volcano Bay.
She claims she felt lots of tingles in her legs, a buzzing in her ears, and a metallic taste in her mouth,” when a lifeguard suggested she get out of the water.
The park closed around 4:40 p.m. that day. However, Wendy claims she felt the shock much earlier that morning, around 9:30 a.m.
Universal spokeswoman Alyson Lundell announced the patients were Universal employees, and that they were transported to the hospital as a precautionary measure.
Park officials released a statement on Wednesday night admitting there were ‘electrical issues’ at the park. The workers have since been released, Lundell said. Universal announced the park was re-opened Thursday morning after electrical contractors investigated and repairs were made.
According to Daily Mail.